Friday, January 16, 2009

Cub in Training

So, as life goes on I truly believe that I'm a cub in training (CIT.) Have you ever heard of cougars? No, not the animal. I'm talking about the older women who date only younger men. Urbandictionary.com defines a cougar as a 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. "Man is cougar's number one prey." Now, I'm only 29 (30 in 2 months) so that makes me a cub in training. Of course, you are wondering how I've come to this conclusion. Well, I take my past dating history for example. When I was at TCU I met and dated this guy for 2 years. When we went out on our first date he was 20 and I was 24. That's a 4 year difference and the boy couldn't even drink legally, which made it so hard to get into bars. To make matters worse, I turned 25 before he turned 21. I did trade him in for an older man, he was 2 years older than me but seemed like a lot younger than me. After that I met another boy who was 23 and I was 27 so another 4 year difference. AND, of course, I turned 28 before he turned 24. Then I traded in for an older man, but still 2 years younger than me. Then the last date I went on the guy was again 2 years younger than me. You might think, well that's not too bad, but consider this. I've often approached and flirted with men and found out that they are much younger than me...4-5 years younger than me. Didn't bother me. Even lately when I go out with my girlfriends I'm on the hunt for my next make out. I even had a makeout challenge for a while (making out with a different man each month for the rest of the year. See New Year's Resolutions post--I'm trying to abandon the challenge.) Now, I'm obessed with cheesy pickup lines. I go to Askmen.com to see the weekley pick up line. Am I gathering research for the future??

Is this how its going to be when I'm 35-40? At that age either men are divorced ormarried, then the young ones have never been married. I'm not the one for relationship baggage so that leaves me with the unmarried young ones. Oh my! In about 5 years if I start hitting the bars in a push up bar trolling for men please stop me and have an intervention.

Go to http://www.urbancougar.com/ for different categories.

No comments: