Friday, January 23, 2009

And I need a drink...

Today is my first final. It's 16 chapters that we covered in 3 weeks plus a practial test, which consists of our basic knife skills: batonnet, julienne, fine julienne, brunoise, fine brunoise, orange supreme, zest, garlic, onion, shallots, chiffonade, etc. If feel ready but there's just so much I have to review before tonight. I'm still shady on the primal cuts of beef, veal, pork, and chicken and I really don't know my stocks very well.

I'm buying the chef some Guiness, maybe he'll give me a D because I'm cute instead of an F? I've done really well on all my written quizzes and tests, but my knife skills are not good in any way. I was practicing last night and finished my tourne's so I started on my batonnets. Chef came by and knocked the tourne's all over, gave me a look, and said next time use your other paring knife. (great)

After tonight I don't have to study all weekend--the class will be over. I'm ready to drink!! New class on Monday.

No comments: