Monday, February 16, 2009

Skills II

I start Skills II today which means I'm back going to school until midnight for the next 3 weeks. It's not so bad because I get to start cooking in this class. Finally, 6 weeks of school and I actually get to cook now!!! So I looked over the syllabus and I'm a bit overwhelmed and excited at the same time. Tonight we make clarified butter, chicken stock and prep for veal stock. Actually for the next few days we make stocks and mother sauces. Then we go onto derivative sauces like a demi glace and Sauce Robert (I know what a demi glace is but I will find out what a Sauce Robert is.) Then we move onto soups, then veggies, and finally grilling and roasting. VERY EXCITED.

I'll keep you updated on what happens!!

I got an A in my Food Science/ServSafe class!

No comments: