Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Big 3-0 Bash in 3 weeks!

So, I bought my 80's outfit for my birthday party. I'm so excited! I haven't had a birthday party in a few years so I'm definitely looking forward to hanging out with everyone. Turning 30 is definitely pretty weird. I guess it's because I thought I would be in a different place in my life than I am now. I really didn't expect to be living at home again and going back to school. I'm mean we are kinda trained that we should know what we are doing with our lives by the time we reach our thirties. When my parents were 30, they had 3 kids and were married for about 7 years. Completely different from my life. All I have to show for it is a Bachelor's, a job, and 2 wonderful puppies. I'm still very much a kid at heart who loves going out with her friends and the last thing I'm thinking about is having a family. They say that the 30's are the new 20's--if that's the case then I have until my 40's to get a steady career and start a family!

1 comment:

pinkbirdi said...

yes, 30s is the new 20s and you are right on track where you need to be... things are working out the way that God designed them for your life and mine. we are both blessed to be where are right now, whether we thought we'd be here or not. :) keep your head held up high.. i think we're doing juuuust fiiiine! :) luv ya!